Walgreens has announced the launch of permanent prescription medication disposal sites, located throughout Colorado. Walgreens’ medication disposal kiosks are free to use, and will help to ensure Coloradans can safely and easily dispose of medications that are no longer needed. Properly disposing of unused, unwanted or expired medications, including controlled substances and over-the-counter medications, can help to prevent misuse of those drugs and lower the risk of abuse by a friend or family member.
The current select Walgreens pharmacies in Colorado with safe medication disposal kiosks are:
- Aurora – 12051 E. Mississippi Ave.
- Brighton – 1821 E. Bridge Street
- Colorado Springs – 3480 N. Academy Blvd.
- Denver – 1111 S. Colorado Blvd.
- Fort Collins – 2190 W. Drake Road
- Grand Junction – 240 W. Park Drive
- Highlands Ranch – 9141 S. Broadway
- Longmont – 1041 Main Street
- Pueblo – 2900 W. Northern Ave.
- Thornton – 4001 E. 120th Ave.
- Wheat Ridge – 4401 Wadsworth Blvd.
For a list of additional medication take back sites, click here.